In order to compete in the Miss North Carolina Scholarship Pageant, you must first win a local competition, a process requiring personal commitment, hard work and talent. Preliminaries are held all over North Carolina to award scholarships and provide the opportunity to compete for the title of Miss North Carolina. The Miss North Carolina Organization would like to thank the Executive Directors and their staff for their hard work and dedication to the program. It is because of these volunteers that so many young women can continue to further their education.
To compete you must:
* Be a resident of North Carolina and planning to attend or currently enrolled in an institution of higher learning
* Be no older than 24 years old on September 30 the year you will be competing in the Miss North Carolina State Finals
* Be single and never married
* Develop and actively advocate a Community Service Platform
* Participate in four phases of competition: Interview, Talent, Physical Fitness in Swimsuit, Evening Wear